I stumbled upon an old article in DC about Indians travelling to Mars. Was swirled while reading this article which had few of the Indian Martians photographed. It talked about those Indians who might be the first to step up on Mars. Their beliefs, fears, love for adventure, enthusiasm being the first bunch to the planet.
Few questions rose in my mind after reading the article.
- Are we aimlessly walking?
- What is the goal that we are trying to achieve? Is it to do good for: the society, our family, our human race, our self?
- While humans reinvent new goals upon reaching old ones. Where are we going to stop?
- Do we really know what we want?
- Can we take the ‘want’ that we achieve here with us while we leave this world?
- Can going to Mars solve our problems: Our Earth, the scanty resources, the human race?
- Why haven’t we understood and not found an answer to appease our minds about worry?
- Why are we happy about being a pendulum, rocking from happiness to sadness?
- Are we even exploring in the right direction?
- Is development limited to materialistic or to be extended to mentalistic levels?
- Do we not notice our minds contradicting its statements all the time? They call it a one side journey. Will they regret taking this decision to Mars?
- Are we not reinventing ourselves every day?
- Is that reinventing happening out of introspection?
- Do they still not carry the same minds to Mars? Does that mean destruction for Mars too?
- Is abandoning and adapting the only meaning of life? Are we not abandoning our planet which has served us all through?
- What might have been running in the head of a project manager with a year old baby deciding to take on to a journey and never to be back?
My questions are not to put down those brave Martians but to question the capacity of our minds to take such a decision. The Mind which perceives the world on the basis of beliefs and experiences and eaches reflection of the Truth is different from another.
If we have a clear mind, maybe we would not repeat the same mistakes that we did to this planet in the name of development.
Have you heard of any prisoners who want to go back to jail after their release. They will be on the search to commit another crime. We just don’t understand such folk’s, right. How are we different? We also go from one body to another with no learning…one prison to another isn’t it? Never willing to liberate our ‘SELF’.