Sariram yad avapnoti yac capy utkramatisvarah
Grhitvaitani samyati vayur gandhan ivasayat
Srotram caksuh sparsanam ca rasanam ghranam eva ca
Adhisthaya manas cayam visayan upasevate
Bhagavad Gita. 15.8-9
The living entity in the material world carries his different conceptions of life from one body to another as the air carries aromas.The living entity, thus taking another gross body, obtains a certain type of ear, tongue, and nose and sense of touch, which are grouped around the mind. He thus enjoys a particular set of sense objects.
- Mind is a bundle of SAMSKARAS (Mental Impressions).
- Samskaras cause VASANAS (Nature of the Subconscious)
- Vasanas direct our TRISHNA (Desires). The less aware we are, the more likely our body will act according to our vasanas.
- Desire lead to SANGHA(Attachment)
- Attachment motivates the DEHAM to put the EFFORT
- That experience will lead to either RAGA or DVESHAM (Likes or Dislikes)
- The powerful duo puts us back into the SAMSARA